Sales Director EMEAR
About The Position
About the role and the team
Qwilt is building the service provider edge cloud, a federated content delivery infrastructure deployed deep inside our service provider partner networks, creating a global CDN with open APIs for content providers. The Qwilt Content Providers Sales team is focused on winning deals with the largest companies from vertical markets such as media & entertainment, e-commerce, PaaS, fintech, etc.
Reporting to the VP Global Sales for Content Providers, you will be responsible for growing Qwilt’s customer base in Europe, with a special focus on large media companies from the broadcast/OTT, gaming, and software download segments. You will bring an extensive network of contacts at the CXO level in the aforementioned segment. You have proven experience in a sales hunting role, and sales expertise in building account plans, forecasting, and working with partners. You can demonstrate technical acumen in the content delivery space, being familiar with CDN services and other building blocks from the content delivery ecosystem.
As a member of our sales team, you will have considerable autonomy and support, as well as accountability. We work together as a strong, collaborative team in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. We work very closely with the Service Providers Sales team, collaborating towards the virtuous cycle of content providers traffic helping to break into new service providers, and new footprint in service providers attracting more content providers.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute a sales plan to meet revenue objectives, including target accounts and engagement plan.
- Drive prospecting activities, build proposals, own response to RFPs, monitor customer onboarding
- Identify potential partners/channels, and work with the Partner’s organization in qualifying the partnership.
- Work closely with partners/channels in selected opportunities requiring Qwilt sales involvement.
- Work closely with the Marketing team, defining lead generation campaigns for your target markets
- Provide weekly and accurate forecasts on your opportunities
- Ongoing engagement with the Service Providers sales team, providing input about Content Providers needs that could help to augment and extend our footprint.
- Act with integrity, deliver your best performance, and achieve breakthrough outcomes
You will be a perfect fit for this role if you have:
- +10 years experience in new business sales
- Already established contacts with Content Providers from Media & Entertainment in Europe, and in particular in the UK
- Direct experience in high tech sales into Content Providers
- Ability and drive required to proactively identify new opportunities for sales as a result of new entrants, changing technology
- Ability to sell at a strategic level in fortune 500 companies
- Strong negotiating skills
- Fluent in English - written and verbal communication. German/French/Spanish will be a plus
- Based in England